4 August 2012

Saturday 4th August 2012

Michael Klien:  Day 2

The Valley of Glades.
We move. 
We begin by establishing a 'place' for real dance.
Evolving strategies 'to dance', whatever they may be. 
Begin to understand the strategies, place, stimulus from the space, from others, music. 
Place of negotiation, the studio.



Group discussion/////Strategies found:
  • discomfort
  • things that give me pleasure
  • speed
  • searching for interactions (even if not nearby)
  • interruptions of the flow at given times
  • not all equally successfully, differences of intensities
  • found myself using very much my peripheral view, catching images from within the blurriness
  • It was like I was giving tasks to myself, trying not to do what I always do, forcing to break the patterns
  • I can recognise this for myself, feeling safe, when I get there, I cant think outside, something risky, ahead of me, I cannot think, having reached another state.
These are all practise based, awareness leading to understanding choice, responses, to 'get there', collect strategies, communication, creating a catalogue of strategies to access, these are individual strategies, at this stage not yet communicative, that is the next stage. to be together in a moment of 'dancing'.We try a few y as a group: blurriness, discomfort, cradle of the unknown (everything that you know hurts so you have to get out of it) , repetition.


WORKING WITH THE SCORE: IM FETT (2011)